Feed My Lambs Radio Show

To Listen to Previously Aired Shows Scroll Down to Bottom of Page.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

so late

Here I am, ten days into October, the month of the Holy Rosary, and I have neglected posting on the blog. Mea culpa. October is a wonderful month, for not only is it the month of the rosary, but it is also the month of St Luke, who traditionally is the one who painted the icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. This is a devotion that means a lot to me, especially since four years ago, this month, I experienced a miracle in my life that was from the hands of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. This miracle led to a conversion of heart and soul, especially in regard to music. Paula K, my co-host for feed my lambs, is a senior vice president of a Christian radio station, which plays contemporary Christian music, like Third Day, Mercy Me, Chris Tomlin, Jeremy Camp, and a variety of others. Now, there are many Catholics who would prefer that all music be of the classical, or Gregorian chant variety and that many of the evils of society have occurred through the advent of rock and roll music. And for many of these people, Christian music is only positive lyrics but they are intertwined with the beat of rock and roll and it is this beat that leads to the passions being ignited. I cna say that yes, there is a big difference between Palestrina and Jeremy Camp, and Palestrina is more uplifting for your soul. Nothing compares to Mozart or Gregorian chant, but the contemporary music of today on many Christian radio stations can also be positive for your soul and lead you to a worship experience of God in other ways. But I will say that the music at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass should be of highest quality and uplifting of the soul, and it is here that Mozart, Palestrina, Victoria and above all, Gregorian chant, is proper and, in my humble opinion, which is shared by many scholars and liturgists, as well as Pope Benedict XVI, the best way of worshiping God.

No comments: