Feed My Lambs Radio Show

To Listen to Previously Aired Shows Scroll Down to Bottom of Page.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Saint Andrew

St Andrew, the brother of St Peter, our first Pope, was the one who in the Gospel of John brought his brother to Jesus. Any time we have a memorial or a feast of an apostle, it is a good opportunity to remember to pray for vocations to the priesthood. The Spirit is calling men to the priesthood, but many are not listening. For many, it is because of celibacy. It is true that celibacy is demanding, and for many it is a struggle. It would not be a sacrifice of it were not demandning and a cross. To be honest, it is a big cross for me and for other priestst that I know. There are many days that I desire to live the life of a married man with children. And every day, I wake up and once again commit myself to celibacy for the sake of the kingdom. There is much sorrow in celibacy and much sorrow in the priesthood, but there is also much joy in celibacy and much joy in the priesthood. St Andrew, pray for us.

No comments: